Thursday 17 January 2013

Daws Heath, Essex

Well this is a first - today I did a finishing off run of the outer reaches of the south eastern quadrant covering village churches from near Southend on Sea, past Basildon, up to Brentwood and finishing near Epping before heading home. Similar to last week my expectations were low but I was amazed to find that all of the ten churches visited were locked with no keyholder listed - on no other trip have I found all the churches so uninviting and I will save my comments for Little Warley a little later down the line.

Understandably St Michael & All Saints was missed by Pevsner & Mee for the simple fact that it didn't exist in their day; a ski chalet building, I made a mistake including it on a visit.

St Michael & All Saints (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment