Saturday, 9 March 2013

Layham, Suffolk

St Andrew felt very airbrushed and rather soulless.

ST ANDREW. Flint, with a brick tower of 1742 (altered c. 1800 ?). It replaces a tower of c. 1300 of which the tower arch remains. The windows of the church are all of the type of c. 1300, but all renewed. - FONT. Hexagonal, of Purbeck marble, with two arched blank panels on each side. - SCREEN. Fragment of the dado with simple traceried panels. - PLATE. Elizabethan Cup and Cover; Flagon 1774; Paten 1796.

Looking east

Chancel N window poss Ward Nixon (1)

Mee missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment