ST KATHERINE. Unbuttressed Norman W tower. An original S window on the ground floor, and an altered N window. Norman windows in the nave, two on the N side (visible only inside), one altered on the S. The tower was completed and remodelled c. 1300, see the arch towards the nave with triple chamfering dying into the imposts. Of the same time the simple S doorway, and the chancel S doorway. Dec chancel E window, and also Dec the timber S porch. Very rough nave roof with tie-beams, kingposts, and two-way struts. The tie-beams are placed uncommonly low and go right through the walls. In the chancel hammerbeam roof with arched braces to collar-beams. Arched braces also connecting the wall-posts from W to E. These braces are carved. - FONT. C13; Purbeck marble, octagonal. With the usual two shallow blank pointed arches on each side. - PLATE. Cup and Cover Elizabethan.
RINGSHALL. It has only a cottage or two, a moated farmhouse on the site of an ancient chapel, and a church set on a hill. Most of this small church is 15th century, but it has a Norman doorway over which are traces of 14th century paintings of the Seven Acts of Mercy. Among its ancient possessions are an arcaded font, an Elizabethan chalice, and a fine hammerbeam chancel roof, on which are the initials of Richard Borsall, who paid for the roof 500 years ago. The east window keeps green the memory of Charles Parker, who ministered here for 51 years last century.